What a year it has been on Lake Monroe! The fishing has been great considering the lake's reputation for being the "dead sea" and the great fishing continued for our anglers as the team of Jeff Poteet and Mike Crays brought in the winning bag of fish at 18.75 Pounds to claim the SMI MARINE First Place Plaques and $1190 dollars! Their bag included the REELSVILLE SPECIALTY COATINGS BIG BASS of the tournament at 5.44 pounds!
In Second Place and collecting a check for $690 dollars was the team of George Brown and Brannon Pickett. Their bag hit the scale at 16.34 pounds and included the OUTDOORSMAN SPORTSHOP SECOND BIGBASS AWARD at 5.43 pounds.
Third Place went to Mike Quinlin and Lewis Mallory who took home a tackle pack from BAUER'S CUSTOM BAITS and Two bottles of BASS BOAT SAVER for their 15.22 pound limit.
Great Job Guys!
THE REELSVILLE SPECIALTY COATINGS / DENALI RODS ANGLERS OF THE YEAR RACE
Ed Bauer and Bob Garner Wrapped up the Anglers of The Year Title! Not only did they win, but they led wire to wire and truly were the best team in our division this year! Great job Ed and Bob!!!
The AOY winners will take home a huge prize package that includes two Denali Rods, Two TFO Rods, and paid entry into the Double Down pot at the Championship next spring. That's over $1000 in value to our Anglers of The Year winners!!
Go to our Website for full Results, AOY Standings, Pictures, and More:
http://www.actournaments.com/tdata/schedule2014.asp?Selectvalue=354 I just want to say thank you to all the teams for coming out and to all the sponsors for their support as well. I would like to give a special thanks to our Lake Monroe Division Sponsors:
- SMI MARINE(www.smimarine.com) out of Louisville who is the Legend Boat Dealer for our area and the suppliers of the plaques for our events.
- REELSVILLE SPECIALTY COATINGS (www.reelsvillespecialtycoatings.com) for providing paid entry into the double down pot at the championship.
- THE OUTDOORSMAN SPORT SHOP (www.outdoorsmansportshop.com) in Greenwood who provides a prize for second biggest bass at our events.
- BASS BOAT SAVER (www.bassboatsaver.com) who has provided us with a PREMIER Boat cleaning/waxing product for first team out of the money.
- DENALI RODS (www.denalirods.com) who will be giving our Anglers Of The Year two premium rods. BAUERS CUSTOM BAITS (www.bauerscustombaits.com) who is providing tackle packs for first place out of the money.
Please support our sponsors when you can and let them know we appreciate their support.
I would like to give a special thanks to Brian Waldman over at WWW.BIGINDIANABASS.COM for posting our results, pictures, and story.
I want to thank all the teams that came out and fished with us this year and would like to invite everyone to come join us next year! Our schedule will be out sometime in January.
See you on the water,